Nathaniel Academy of Training Skills : Each One Help One Project
To develop modern Leaders who have a strong love for God, a growing godly character and a high level of managerial competence. Our programmes are intended to build capacity and empower people to develop and affect future generations.
To collectively unite the training strengths of Business Leaders, seminaries, local churches and parachurch ministries resulting in the holistic development of leadership excellence. Our constant endeavour is to raise the standard of leadership in society and through the application of ethics raise the quality of service in business and industry for the revelation of the glory of God among the nations of the earth. Even though NATS has a strong focus on Christian Leadership programmes, it also conducts regular skills development programmes which include English and IT Proficiency .
Our leadership development seminars are divided up into three key areas:
● Experiential Leadership: In experiential programmes, participants will undergo a strengths analysis and personality profile, learning about themselves and gaining an understanding of others as well. They will also learn theory of small group dynamics, practical small group leadership skills.
● Foundational Leadership: These seminars cover some of the basic elements of leadership on which we then build the remainder of the workshop.
● Organizational Leadership: These seminars give you the tools and insights to create and implement a strategic plan, manage change successfully and establish a sustainable succession plan for your organization.
Leadership of the Institute comprises of a Board of Trustees and a Board of Management , and several regional and project Coordinating Committees. Members are chosen from among committed men and women with a proven track record that include Pastors, Ministry leaders and Businessmen.
- Loving God is Foundational
- Holiness is Central
- Loving Others is Essential
- Integrity is Paramount
- Humility is Needed
- Obedience is Required
Regular Skills Development Programmes
“Communicate to Relate” — to uplift the Sinhala and Tamil speaking people through professional training in Spoken English i.e. across social, linguistic, relational and racial barriers.
“English to Educate” training unemployed graduates, pensioners and school leavers (O/L qualified) to teach pre-school (ages 3-6), juniors (ages ’7-14) and O/Level English (both written and spoken) for self-employment.
“How to” — seminars/workshops in practical living cg. business management, budgeting, packaging & presentation.
“Skills Training” * vocational training to enhance natural skills i.e. sewing, cookery, typewriting, book-keeping, computer literacy, animal husbandry, home gardening, janitorial & delivery services.
“Unity through Art” * to enhance the self-employment skills through experts in the field of speech & drama, singing, music and art, bridal dressing, menu planning.
“Healthy mind in a healthy body” – Providing expertise in the field of health, hygiene, sports, mobile libraries.
“Training the Trainers” – developing the IQ, EQ and SQ in individuals and marginalized groups for potential leadership within the community
Some Ongoing Projects
“Each One Help One” Project at Burby House, Polgahawela.
Bible Study, Praise and Worship, Ministry of Prayer and Counseling
Bible Study and Discipleship Training of the Pelawatte Prayer Group, Pelawatte, which is now an Ecumenical Missions Group, working through the ministry of All Saints Church, Hulftsdorp Parish.
“Family Blessing Service” – Preaching, Teaching, Discipleship, Missions Outreach Activities conducted through the Ministry of All Saints Church, Hulftsdorp
“Training of Trainers” (TOT) Skills Development Workshops conducted in the English Language through the following institutions as a community and missions outreach to groups of Teachers/SS Teachers, Under-Graduates, A/Level Students/Prefect Groups and Pastors/Lay Leaders
Kandy City Mission, Kandy
- English Language Course – Pre-School Teachers)
- Child Evangelism – Sunday School Teachers
The Methodist Relief & Development Service (MRDS)
- Methodist Church, Thirukkovil, Batticaloa – Teacher Trainees
- De Alwis Skills Development Training Centre, Hapugala,Galle– Teacher Trainees
Law College, Hulftsdorp, Colombo
- Skills Development Training Workshop – English Course – at the invitation of the Legal Education Council of Sri Lanka
Uduvil Girls’ College, Uduvil, Chunnakam, Jaffna
- TOT English Programme – Primary Teachers
- General English Programme – Senior Teachers/Advanced Level Students
Angel International School, Manipay, Jaffna
- TOT English Programme – Primary to Senior Teachers
Mowbray College, Kandy
- Leadership Programme – Staff/Students
Royal International School, Kegalle
- Leadership Programme – Prefects (Grades 4 – 10), Pre Primary/Primary Teachers
E-Mail : email@example.com
“ Burby House” 221 Kegalle Road, Polgahawela, Sri Lanka
106 354 027 313 with Sampath Bank Pelawatte Branch, Sri Lanka
Branch code 063 Bank code 7278